Englischsprachiger "Astor Day"

Es gibt 134 Antworten in diesem Thema, welches 11.525 mal aufgerufen wurde. Der letzte Beitrag () ist von Steve McQueen.

• Zitat

Original von Andrew Madison
    No, I think the best day would be the 25th of June, our national holiday. It's the day, Astor was founded by Carsten Schmidt seven years ago.

Okay, great idea. I second the motion.

• Zitat

No, I think the best day would be the 25th of June, our national holiday. It's the day, Astor was founded by Carsten Schmidt seven years ago.

I'm very much in favour of it.

• Zitat

Seven years... I am old...

Today I had a funny discussion with a woman. I told her that it has it advantages to be a man, especially in the so called midlife crisis. Cause women get their Wechseljahre with all the trouble. A man just gets his crisis, which allows him to buy a Porsche.
    So compare: Woman = Trouble. Man = Porsche.

That easy.

• Zitat

Original von George Ethan Allen

I'm very much in favour of it.

Ya, makes sense. Only problem is to remember every year that very special day. You know, christmas, that's easy. But June 25th... I know very well why couples get married on days like 2.2. or 11.11. - makes it easier to remember. Makes man easier 2 survive partnership.

• Zitat

Original von Andriz
    Ya, makes sense. Only problem is to remember every year that very special day. You know, christmas, that's easy. But June 25th... I know very well why couples get married on days like 2.2. or 11.11. - makes it easier to remember. Makes man easier 2 survive partnership.

A classmate of mine celebrates his birthday on 24 June (you know, I prefer the English format of dates - day/month, not vice versa). That's also St John's day, and the most important holiday for freemasons. While I'm not a freemason myself, I'm very interested in masonry, so I tend to remember that day rather than forgetting it. I know that my mnemonics are sometimes somewhat strange, but they work ;)

Besides, somebody could use the reminder option in his or her PDA or cellphone to alert him/her every 25 June.

Now that you mention it: My parents celebrate their wedding anniversary on 9 May (coincidentally also my grandmother's birthday). My father's mnemonic is simple: 8 May - unconditional surrender of Germany in 1945; 9 May - wedding anniversary ;)

• Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye!

It will get terrible.

But we will try it.

The first English-speaking-day in Astor will be on June, 25th!

"Make your English teachers proud."

scriptatore.png

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States of Astor

13th and 24th President of the United States of Astor

Bearer of the Presidential Honor Star

Former Governor of New Alcantara
    Theta Alpha Member

seal-supreme-klein.gif

• Zitat

Original von Alricio Scriptatore
    Make your English teachers proud.

What a luck that my English teacher will never read this. :censored

Justin "Just" Wayne (R-[definition=1]Assentia[/definition])

Young Retiree
    Various Former (Senator, Representative, Secretary, etc)

• Zitat

Original von Mike Gabrowski
    Und bezieht sich das jetzt aufs ganze Forum oder nur einen Teil?

Das wird noch bekannt gegeben 8)

scriptatore.png

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States of Astor

13th and 24th President of the United States of Astor

Bearer of the Presidential Honor Star

Former Governor of New Alcantara
    Theta Alpha Member

seal-supreme-klein.gif

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!